Thursday, June 28, 2018

Review: My Lady's Choosing by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris

36054958My Lady's Choosing by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris

The romance novel that lets you pick your path, follow your heart, and find happily ever after
You are the plucky but penniless heroine in the center of eighteenth-century society, courtship season has begun, and your future is at hand. Will you flip forward fetchingly to find love with the bantering baronet Sir Benedict Granville? Or turn the page to true love with the hardworking, horse-loving highlander Captain Angus McTaggart? Or perhaps race through the chapters chasing a good (and arousing) man gone mad, bad, and scandalous to know, Lord Garraway Craven? Or read on recklessly and take to the Continent as the “traveling companion” of the spirited and adventuresome Lady Evangeline? Or yet some other intriguing fate? Make choices, turn pages, and discover all the daring delights of the multiple (and intertwining!) storylines. And in every path you pick, beguiling illustrations bring all the lust and love to life.



Pages: 352
Format: E-Book
Published By: Quirk Books
Genre: Adult - Historical, Romance

Rating:
✮✮

Review:
This is the second interactive book that I have read this year (well the first was more of an attempt), and I am reviewing this one because I read a lot more of this book than I did of my first attempt, and after reading these books, I just feel like Interactive Books aren't my thing. In My Lady's Choosing, you can pick a few different routes - you can stay in London, you can go to Scotland, or you can travel to Egypt. If I am correct in my thinking two of the paths allow you to stay in London, but one just didn't intrigue me at all.

Out of all plotlines or paths, I read three of the four (if I am correct in that line of thinking). I liked staying in London and going to Scotland. I wasn't that impressed with the Egypt storylines. So even liking the two, I had major issues with this book.

First, as I said I liked the storyline but I didn't love them - I honestly didn't like "Me", and I was indifferent with the romantic choices. Secondly, the writing was silly at times, and made it hard for me to enjoy the book. I just wanted to shut the book so I didn't have to read the cringe-worthy writing. And third, I just didn't really like any of the plotlines that much, and it's because these are fairly short stories, but I just couldn't really get into them.

Overall, I wasn't impressed which is upsetting because this was one of the top books that I wanted to read this year, and I did, and it was a huge letdown from my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment