Friday, June 01, 2018

May Wrap-Up and June TBR


In the month of May, I read a total of 4 books.


The first book that I read this month was a nonfiction book about children who murder children, called Deadly Games: Kids Who Kill Kids. I'm really interested in crime nonfiction and forensic psychology, so this book appealed to me in that regard, but I'm going to warn you if you also like to read about these topics, this book is really hard to get through, because it's very descriptive and is about children killing which is something I had a hard time reading about after picking this book up.

Following that, I picked up a short fictional apocalyptic survival guidebook, Zombie Bible: A Zombie Guide to Surviving the Holocaust (Living as a Zombie, and Surviving to the End When a Vaccine is Delivered) - that is not for humans but rather for zombies. One of my favorite paranormal aspect in a book is zombies out of all of the paranormal creatures out there, and I think it has a lot to do with the setting of zombies typically featured in novels where the world has ended. It' not a book that I would recommend, not because it was horrible, because there were parts that were slightly funny, but because it's really repetitive, and if you can't handle a lot of repetition, then this book is not for you (which is why I didn't really like it that much).

The only book I listened to in the month of May was Woman in Cabin 10. I discovered Ruth Ware not that long ago, and am trying to get through all of her books that are currently out as soon as possible, and during this past month, I was able to get Woman in Cabin 10, and I have already started another one of her books, but I wasn't able to finish them both. I reviewed Woman in Cabin 10, and you can find that review here.

The last book I read in the month of May was a collection of poems by Caroline Kaufman, and that is Light Filters In. I really enjoyed this book, and I would highly recommend it because it's an amazing book, but definitely be careful because there are a lot of triggers in the book. WARNING: This book contains poems about self-harm, suicide, depression, and anxiety.

30066452212954342818723036260506



In the month of June, I am going to try to get more books done, but 9/10 my YA/MG TBR gets tackled a lot quicker, so even though there is a lot that I want to read, I am going to stick with five. Two out of the five, I have already started, and am just trying to complete. The problem with trying for so many books this month is my weird schedule. I am starting a new job this month, and for an entire week, I have no free time at all so we will see how much I get done.

The books that I am aiming at finishing in the month of June are Lying Game and Anatomist's Wife. These two are definitely two that I want to finish in the month of June, and if there are only two books that I get to read, these are the two.

3289529113542496

Three other books that I would love to get to during this month are Anatomy of Death (also known as Dissection of Murder), Anatomist's Apprentice, and Silent in the Grave. I have been in the mood for historical mysteries of late, and these are a few that I stumbled upon while looking at my library.

200611702592927212218678

In my TBR, I am also going to include some potential audiobooks that I might have time for when driving and doing other tasks, and I am not going to list any by name because I have so many that I would love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment