Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Hocus Pocus Read-a-Thon (October 1st - 13th) TBR


This is the first year that I have heard about the Hocus Pocus Read-a-thon. Basically, there are three teams with different reading challenges they must complete between the 1st of October to the 13th of October. You can read more in the original post on twitter here. You can find this post on my YA Blog here.

I am on the Team Sanderson Sisters. And my challenges are below:

Read a Book with a Witchy Main Character

For this challenge, I have picked the Bone Witch because Tea is a Bone Witch, and I have been dying to read this book for awhile now. I am listening to the audiobook version to fill in at times when I can't physically read.

30095464

Read a Book with a Female Protagonist

For this challenge, I picked Lonely Dead because it's a mystery with a paranormal twist, perfect for this challenge. It is my shortest book that I picked up for this challenge, being only 240 pages, so hopefully, I can read it in a day.

39280476

Read a Book that is Spellbindingly Atmospheric

For this challenge, I am reading Witchtown. I happened to stumble across this book randomly, and I decided to pick it up since it's a town full of witches... I mean what could be more of a spellbinding atmosphere.

30971734. sy475

Read a Book that Frightens You

So this challenge was kind of hard to pick a book for because I don't really get scared when reading. So I took it a different route, and decided for this challenge, I am going to read a nonfiction book with events that are scary. I am planning on reading Most Dangerous Animal of All, but I'm basically looking to read a True Crime novel for this challenge if I don't get to that book.

18505833

Read a Book with a Powerful Villain

For this challenge, I currently have Vicious picked out because I heard that the main character is a villain if I remember correctly. This one is the one that is most likely to change if I do change any book that I read for this challenge.

40874032. sy475

Read the Group Book

For this challenge, there are two group books: Hocus Pocus and the All-New Sequel and Serpent & Dove. I want to read Serpent & Dove for this challenge, but I don't currently have it, so if it comes down to it, I will be reading Hocus Pocus.

36244389. sx318 40024139

Watch Hocus Pocus

No comments:

Post a Comment