Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Review: Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

29292832Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

This was meant to be the perfect trip. 

The Northern Lights. A luxury press launch on a boutique cruise ship. 

A chance for travel journalist Lo Blacklock to recover from a traumatic break-in that has left her on the verge of collapse, and to work out what she wants from her relationship. 

Except things don’t go as planned. 

Woken in the night by screams, Lo rushes to her window to see a body thrown overboard from the next door cabin. But the records show that no-one ever checked into that cabin, and no passengers are missing from the boat. 

Exhausted, emotional and increasingly desperate, Lo has to face the fact that she may have made a terrible mistake. Or she is trapped on a boat with a murderer – and she is the sole witness...


Format: Audiobook
Narrator: Imogen Church
Published By: Harvill Secker/Simon Schuster Audio
Genre: Adult - Mystery, Thriller

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware is my favorite book by her so far. I was able to connect with Lo more than I was able to connect with any of the characters from In a Dark, Dark Wood. The book starts with Lo experiencing something horrific, which ultimately affects her personality, actions, and even thoughts throughout the story, which takes place on The Aurora, a cruise ship. Lo witnesses another tragic event, and things take a dangerous turn.

Like In a Dark, Dark Wood, this novel also was slower paced them I prefer, but it still kept you on the edge of your seat. Another thing that kept me from enjoying the book was the fact that I had an idea of what had happened, but wasn't completely sure, but it didn't shock me; not to mention I was very sure of who the mastermind was behind the events that were happening on The Aurora. I also wasn't at all shocked by the ending - and had already figured that was how it was going to end. Another thing that I personally didn't like was the beginning - yes, it was what hooked me, but I didn't like that it really had nothing to do with the events on the ship and would have loved for those two things to have been linked more together, but that's just a personal opinion of mine.

I was very satisfied with the ending, and liked that it was more of a closed ending than an open ending because it fit better with the plot of the story. I would recommend this novel if you like suspenseful mysteries that are slower paced than what I consider suspenseful novels to be like - I would probably recommend that you read this novel before you read In a Dark, Dark Wood because I found this one to be the better of the two. And I look forward to reading more by Ruth Ware.

No comments:

Post a Comment