Friday, March 17, 2017

A to Z Bookish Survey

A to Z Bookish Survey

*all book images are linked back to their Goodreads page or their series page of Goodreads if you are interested in learning out more about the book, series, or author
*these will only include NA or Adult books that fit the categories


Author you’ve read the most books from:

This is an easy question for me. I have read 25 of Heather Graham's books, and I'm pretty certain I loved, or at least really enjoyed, every single one of her books. Heather Graham or her books will probably pop up frequently throughout this survey - just a forewarning. :)


Best Sequel Ever:

I'm going to go with Her Highness and the Highlander by Tracey Anne Warren. I absolutely loved this book. If I recall correctly I was able to read this book in one sitting because it was that good.

13491100


Currently Reading:

I am currently reading an ARC of Heartbeat Hypothesis by Lindsey Frydman. Thanks to IndieSage PR. It is available on Netgalley for those who are interested.

34382818


Drink of Choice While Reading:

I don't really drink while I am reading, although I typically have a water bottle nearby... so water...?


E-reader or Physical Book?

I am 85% a physical book reader, but there are wonderful advantages to an E-reader, one of which is being able to carry thousands of books with you everywhere you go... Forgot my book at home, that's all right, I have my phone so I can read on my kindle app.


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Craig from Last Noel by Heather Graham. I was impressed with the character development. I loved who he was and his personality and I would definitely have dated him in High School because he's just that wonderful.

1496478

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

I'm going to go with Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley. I was really iffy about whether or not I wanted to read it. I was intrigued by the plot, but at the same time, I was concerned in what direction this book would go. I'm still concerned about the remaining books in the series, but I was thoroughly impressed with how much I enjoyed at least the first book in the series.

17377345


Hidden Gem Book:

This was hard for me because I feel like the majority of the books I read are by more well-known authors, but I did find one with only 202 ratings on Goodreads, and that is In a Heartbeat by Rita Herron.

624802

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

There are two really distinctly important moments in my reading life. One was when I was in first grade, I was informed that I would never really be able to read well, and this happened again in 3rd grade, both were reasons I read a lot to prove myself. Without that push to read, I would have never discovered the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, which is what really drew me into the book community world (and also made me want to write my own stories).


Just Finished:

I'm going to skip this question because I haven't read any NA or Adult books yet this year. I'm currently reading my first for the year, which is listed above.


Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Erotica.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Northern Lights by Nora Roberts, which was a total of 637 pages.

Major book hangover because of:

I don't think I have ever gotten a major book hangover from an adult or NA book, but if I have probably a Heather Graham novel because they are just that great.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I own 4 bookcases. One large one, two that are medium to large size (although not as large as my other one), and then a small one which only has two shelves, but it's perfect for the books that I put on it.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Again, I'm going to skip this question because I typically do not reread Adult or NA books. I reread a few YA books but not really NA or Adult.

Preferred Place To Read:

Two places, either my bedroom on my bed or my basement on the couch.


Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

So a quote that I absolutely love and just think it's really powerful (other people might have different views about this quote, but I love it) is a quote from the book Night Games by Collette West.

"This girl owns me, whether she realizes it or not. I'm a slave to her will."

I just really think it's powerful because I think it shows he puts her above himself. And he doesn't use it in a way that says he will let her walk all over him - which you will see in the story. And their relationship is far from perfect, but in the end, he knows that he loves her and she loves him, and I think that's what this quote defines. That's at least what I took from it.

19384278

Reading Regret:

Consumed by Love by Pavarti K. Tyler. Let me just say that I am not at all a queasy person. I watch horror films where graphically violent things happen. Why am I telling you this? Because this book made me sick. I don't recall exactly why I didn't put it up... maybe because it was a short story and I was reviewing it. I don't really remember much other than that huge thing about the book that made me sick.

I HIGHLY don't recommend it, but if you want to, I hope that you enjoy it. It's just not the book for me.

10874130


Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):

Thunder Creek Series by Jill Gregory. I have the final book in the series to read, Thunder at Dawn, and then I'm done.

481659

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Ghost Walk by Heather Graham for two reasons. One, I absolutely love it, and two it's the reason I love Heather Graham books. At the Mercy of the Queen by Anne Clinard Barnhill. I love historical romance and I, personally, just thought this story was great. And finally The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. It was the first Nicholas Sparks book I read and to this day is the one that I enjoy the most out of his books. It's also the first Adult book that I read.

5750041185757015925

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Heather Graham books... like seriously, her stories are absolutely amazing, and I when I found out that I won The Rising by Heather Graham and Jon Land, I squealed, majorly. I will also be reviewing that book (I haven't reviewed any of her other books), but I don't know if it will be reviewed on this blog or my YA blog... because on Goodreads, it's listed as YA, but I've also heard it's NA, so if you love Heather Graham as much as I do, keep an eye out for that review.

26114412


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

At this point, the above answer applies to this question. I'm always excited for the newest Heather Graham release.

Worst Bookish Habit:

I would have to go with overdue library books... I seem to just get so wrapped up in reading the books that I forget that they are due somewhere.


X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Beyond Believing by D.D. Marx, who was kind enough to send me the book when I entered a giveaway for a tote and a necklace related to the book.

24791818

Your latest book purchase:

So Bookoutlet is my favorite place to go to when getting books. I don't really enter retail stores anymore - I just don't have the money to offered paying for all of the books I buy at full price. So if you haven't heard of Bookoutlet, I highly recommend checking it out. I bought the House of Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, Winter Witch by Paula Brackston (which I just discovered is a sequel when filling out this survey and I don't have the first and I haven't read the first), and Cold Iron by Stina Leicht. They had a 50% sale on fantasy books going on which is why they are all fantasy.

160595291570285923309742

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

If you follow my YA blog, then you know that I mentioned there were two books that kept me up way too late. I finished this book somewhere between 2am and 4am, and I know that's a huge gap, but I know it was after 2am, and I'm pretty certain it wasn't after 4am, because of how much there was left when I checked the clock after 2am but that's all I know. :) This was Falling for Autumn by Heather Topham Wood. I could not put this book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment